Monday, November 15, 2010

Falling Behind

So I went to class today and realized that I am getting a little behind in photo requirements. So I went home and knocked out two of the assignments.

I decided to shoot my room mate Dave and his stapled elbow. He recently had surgery and the Doc cut a nasty gash on his arm. This photo covers the portrait requirement.



Next I needed a photo that is color dominant and/ or displays a certain mood. My other sub-room mate or Couch Guy volunteered...and yes I made him. I used a gel on one flash and made a snoot out of tin foil on the other flash to illuminate only his eyes.




I was kinda stoked after the shoot because I realized how short of a time it took me to set up and dial my flashes. I feel like I'm finally starting to memorize how my settings need to be in certain situations. Can't wait to keep practicing portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment