Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sumthin Sunday Week 4- "Gold Dust"

Here's a little sumthin from early December.

I got this idea because I wanted to shoot a night powder shot. I came up with a bunch of different shot ideas which are being tested, but I wanted to try this one first.

It all started with a rock that, from behind, looked impossible to drop off. Then we look over the edge and there is a gap in between two tree branches. Joe agreed to do it cuz he's the man and all. So he started digging and filled in a 3 ft tall gap about 5 ft long for a path off the rock. The total size of the run in was maybe 10 ft long to 15 ft drop. The start was a log slide drop in to snow which was another feature of its own.

Then the problems with my flashes started. It was cold and a pocket wizard was hidden behind a rock. This made it difficult to get accurate lighting. Then when I placed everything in the right spot my batteries were starting to fail in the same flash, which was the back flash. Note that Joe is bombing this 15 footer in the dark with a small amount of ambience, AND I told him he was only suppose to do it once. After two times and the batteries pissing me off. I asked Joe for one more super tweak. Then I ran up rubbed the batteries in my hands until he was ready, ran down and took the shot. This lesson made me buy more batteries!


Rider: Joe Marotta

I wish I would have closed in just a little bit more and my blue gel should have been green because it would have highlighted the bottom tree branch more. We have re shot a bigger, better night cliff but I gotta save that shit for something else, you know?

Thanks for reading again, I really appreciate the views! I would appreciate it even more if everyone would sign up an follow my blog! Big Thanks to everybody who is! Also tell your friends, sisters, friends sister, cousins, and pets to read up on my blog. It's fun and its the cool thing to do.



Thanks again and who knows whats coming next Sunday!

1 comment: