Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sumthin Sunday Wk 11- First time at Sierra

I've been in South Lake Tahoe for two winters now and have finally rode at Sierra at Tahoe resort. Sierra is always rated one of the best resorts by transworld every year but it's so easy to just ride the mountain that's in my backyard, especially when I know all kinds of awesome spots.

I went to Sierra on Tuesday with Claire and Nick. Nick is a new rider I've started shooting. He's been a Never Summer rider for some time now. Most of his photos will be used for something else but you may see a few of him here and there. Nick took us to the part of Sierra they call "The Gates". This place is your standard slackcountry but also has some big hits if you have an eye for transition.

Here is Claire going big off a wind lip that everybody else went around, well...besides Nick whom was the leader off this hit.

There's also a lot of cliffs around the area. The snow this day turned shitty real fast so the big cliffs will have to wait until later.

Claire seems to be dominating my blog lately. Here she is dropping a smaller rock than usual but holding that grab all the way through.

Sierra seems super awesome, can't wait to get out there to shoot some of the big cliffs.

Next week hopefully I will be posting some photos of the Heavenly Terrain Park Crew. I hear they have an awesome custom setup in a backyard so I plan on shooting a few features this week.

Also check out Steeztech.com. They just posted a bunch of new photos I have taken for them over this season so far.

And go to shredbetties.com and check out claires blog post with photos I took. Shredbetties.com is going to publish one of these photos for its background image. I don't know which one yet but I am going to assume it's the wall ride photo.



Peace Out, Pray for Japan

2 comments: