Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sumthin Sunday Wk 22- Broaden Your Horizons

And we're back on time.

In my quest to be a photographer I've found I must do more than just snowboarding action photos. Recently I've been working to develop a portfolio of portraits and action photos from different sport disciplines. I've also chosen to do these photos with athletes whom I never met until the day of the shoot. This will help me practice working with people at the spur of the moment. Last week I shot a couple of Amateur MMA Fighters over at the Recreation Center. Take a peak at the the ones I thought were better at showing more personality and determination.





I also got to experiment with some new equipment during this shoot. I bought an adapter to use an older Minolta f1.8 50mm prime lens. I also bought some Rogue stackable speedlight grids. The top photo is using the 45 degree. The bottom photo is using the 26 degree. I'm stoked I bought these things, very useful!

Tomorrow I will be shooting a Snowboard Cross racer at Squaw. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. Later in the week I am also looking at shooting a guy who does Adventure Racing, a combination of trail running, mountain biking, and kayaking. Unfortunately it is a team sport, so we decided to shoot some mountain biking. Hopefully in the future we may get the team together for a shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment