Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sumthin Sunday Wk 23- Never doing that again

Last Monday I went to squaw to do a shoot and I'm pretty sure I received a slight concussion in result of a rider/photographer collision. I was with professional snowboard-cross racer, Nick Langkamp, trying to shoot some close-up, super layed-out, carves. This was the first angle of the day as I planned on shooting some portraits and other action angles. I did get a handful of photos but I have to save those.
By no means is this a good photo, but here's the shot right before collision:


You can tell I was in a horrible spot in the first place. I kept getting some decent results with him whizzing right by me, so i just wanted to keep inching in. Apparently I wasn't thinking too clearly about my positioning and the inconsistency of the snow texture, so I got hit.

At first I had no clue what happened until I grabbed my head in pain then saw Nick down also. I saw when I took this photo that I had to move so I ducked to the ground and his helmet nailed my camera right into my head. The hot shoe scraped my fore head and I think a piece of helmet cut Nicks face a little. Nothing serious. I continued through the rest of the day and didn't get the serious headache until the drive home. I had a headache the next day and a little the day after. Pretty crazy incident. I get the chills every time I picture it. Shit hurt.

Also, If everyone could go to WWW.YOBEAT.COM and vote in this weeks photo battle, that would be greatly appreciated. They have my name by the photo and in the voting tab so it's easy to vote for me. If you hate me for some reason or really dislike my photo and like the other better than vote for the other one, just at least vote.

Molto Apprezzata!

No comments:

Post a Comment